Sunday, May 29, 2011

You Take My Breath Away!

I haven't been on my computer a lot recently.  So when I turned it on and my screen popped up, there he was!  My beautiful Peter smiling at me.  My heart just about lept from my chest.  I felt all tingly and 2 thoughts collided at the same time;
#1 What a handsome little boy he is and  #2  The Lord willing, very soon we will be bringing him home!
It so thrilled me that I wanted to burst.  How very exciting it is to be receiving the gift of Peter!  Our church family is chomping at the bit to meet him, Eliot, his big brother prays for him to come home right now, and the girls, well they melt into tears.  Thommy and I have plastered Peter's pictures everywhere we are.  We have to look at him.  I wish you could see him.  We can't wait to post his picture.

We cried recently when we realized that we probably wouldn't be going to get him for his birthday.  But then we asked if we could send him something and we got a yes.  We each sent something that we hope he would like and heartfelt wishes and prayers for his very special 3rd birthday.  Where did all this love come from that is in our hearts for this little one that we haven't met yet?
1 John 4:19 says,"We love because He (God) first loved us."
God created that little face to be apart of our family.  What an awesome privilege it is to become Peter's Mommy.  I can't wait to have him in our home and begin this chapter of his forever life with him.  What will be his favorite color?  What will be his favorite food?  What instrument will he play?  What song will be his first?  The thrill for me is that I will be there for all of it and jealous not to miss any single little detail.  God's grace has flooded my soul with joy all these years raising Emily and Megan and recently Eliot.  I can trust that very same grace will await the very first moments together with Peter and all the way through our lives.  Nothing can compare to the wondrous love the Father lavishes on us.  It's getting so hard to wait.  O Lord, hurry the day. . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you guys and hope that Peter is in your arms soon.

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reeces Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
    www.reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete