Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cake and Eat it Too!!!

Great News!  The Article 5 letter has been sent to the orphanage! You will be hearing from the consulate in 6-12 weeks. . . .
6 - 12 weeks!  That seems like such a long time to me and at first hearing I just sighed deeply.  I haven't really grasped the concept of how long things take in the adoption process and always seem to be initially discouraged with the time lines.  But then God reminds me Who really is in control.  He is!

(Back Story 1)  During the adoption of our son Eliot, several things were happening all around the possible times we could travel to get him.  A beloved Nephew was getting married, Youth camp for the girls, work related events for Thommy and getting ready for a little guy to come home.  I remember our paper work coming out of the Embassy and being told, only 8 weeks more,  and then this stage!  Only 6 weeks more and then that stage.  And here we are again, 2 weeks here, 6 - 12 weeks there.  God, please help me spiritually handle Peter's adoption differently.   And by His grace only I am beginning to.

God is nudging me into belief!  We ARE going to go and get Peter.  The Article 5 letter IS in the hands of the orphanage and we HAVE received Peter's medical papers.  God wants me to be excited about getting Peter and being at all the other family things going on.  Here's just a small list:
Megan's home school graduation
Megan's last Youth camp
Megan's last piano recital
Megan's permit test
Graduation celebrations
Emily's 20th birthday
Emily's driver's test
Pool Registration for Eliot
Coordinating medical teams for Peter
Organizing play area for 2 boys
A family baby shower
Mother's day
Father's day
Work related training for Thommy
The list goes on.  God has answered all of these requests and more AND. . .  Thommy and I WILL pick up Peter.  See, we get our cake and eat it too!!!!  God is always faithful and He fulfills His promises precisely when He planned to.  How delicious it is to be the recipient of answered prayers exactly when your soul really needs to be encouraged. 

Happy Mother's day to all of you waiting Moms.  Because we share this common bond I am praying that God fills your heart with joyful anticipation, lifts your gaze to His beautiful face, floods your souls with peace, tears flow freely, and praise will pour forth to our Great Creator who works all things together for our good and the good of HIS waiting little ones.
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! We are waiting to hear about a court date for our little girl in Ethiopia. Today another family, who was in Ethiopia last week to bring their children home, sent pictures of our girl...a sweet Mother's Day gift! Yet despite my grateful heart for having pictures, I could not satisfy the deep longing of wanting her in my arms.
    But God calls me to trust Him and choose joy.
    I needed to hear your words today. Blessings to you as you wait to bring Peter home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you guys are so close! You will be in HK and back before you know it! Check out the other kiddos in the orphange and let me know who I should go and get next LOL. It is so hard to leave them behind. Good luck with everything going on the next few weeks and waiting for the call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jill, from another waiting mother, for your words of encouragement and blessing! Praying right now for you, too!

    ReplyDelete