Monday, June 20, 2011

A Time for Everything!

Do you remember the list of things to be accomplished in my post "Cake and Eat it Too"?  I'll refresh your memories and mine because God deserves some thankful praise.
Megan's home school graduation 6/18/11
Megan's last Youth camp 6/15 - 18/11
Megan's last piano recital 5/22/11
Megan's permit test  6/3/11 Passed
Graduation celebrations 6/19/11
Emily's 20th birthday 5/31/11
Emily's driver's test 5/21/11 Passed
Pool Registration for Eliot 6/16/11
Coordinating medical teams for Peter (On-going)
Organizing play area for 2 boys (5/11-6/11)
A family baby shower 6/22/11
Mother's day 5/8/11
Father's day 6/19/11
Work related training for Thommy 6/13-17/11
God is so faithful to our family.  I forgot to mention in that list Peter's birthday which was the 7th of  June.  Thank you all for the prayers sent up on our behalf.  God heard everyone of them and answered them in AWESOME fashion as is His way.  What did I learn?
1. I am in control of nothing, not even myself.  God is!
2. When Peter comes home it will be forever and for good
3. There is always more grace.
While at youth camp this last week, I shared a tent with another mom from our youth ministry, Michele Franks.  Normally, you would pass our tent and think 2 giggly girls resided there but not this time.  We were sharing something.  We were sharing the passage of time that our graduates, my Megan and her Blake, have in common.  Most of the time we kept our tears in check, mostly.  We didn't want to miss a single event they were participating in.  Next year, they will not be traveling down to youth camp.  Others will, but time for them has come to move on.  Bitter - sweet isn't it?  And I had plenty of time to be all there and loving every minute of it!

In the meantime I wondered about Peter.  What must he be experiencing right now?  According to a recent email he knows something is up.  Right now he is frightened and needing specific comfort.  Is is health doing OK?  It seems that as I read over his medical history, during this time of year he historically has some upper respiratory stuff happen.  I know he is well cared for.  How will God move on his little heart when he finally meets us?  I pray that it will be positive for him and I hope for us as well, we are going to be together, the Lord willing, a very long time.  God is with him right now, and all the others in his orphanage, watching over them, Vigilant!  Never slumbering!  What capable hands our boy is in!

The list I re-posted is faithful evidence that God exists and that He is in control and cares deeply about the details.  Perfect timing has become a full course meal served by His hand.  Prior to our SW leaving for maternity leave, she sent us an email with a ball park time we would travel.  We rejoiced as it read, late July, early August!  A light at the end of the tunnel.  We emailed our whole family and church, all that have supported us and they sent many emails of encouragement back.  But we still don't know exactly when do we? 

God knows. I trust Him.  And through this process the Father has shown me that I do trust Him.  Each event, every set-back, money raised, money spent, grants, hurdles, tears, all of it produced a greater quantity and quality of faith that says, "that's my Daddy!  He can do everything perfectly!" 
Praise You Father and thank You for making the impossible, possible.  The memories of each event are so sweet and I am more in love with You than ever.  Thank You for the provision of Yourself during all seasons of this process and thank You for working all things together for good.  Thank You for making scripture come alive as I encountered Your faithfulness time and time again.  Thank You that soon we will get Peter.  Thank You for Jesus dying on the cross to pay for my sin and thank You Jesus for Your guidance and keeping.  Thank You for all the hidden details I will never see that You have taken care of on our behalf.  Thank You for adopting me.  I love being a child of God. 
So much more to be thankful for. . .so undone by God's steadfast love towards me!

No comments:

Post a Comment