Saturday, July 9, 2011

Setting Our Sites!

Everything is unpacked and put away.  By God's grace we just finished the last of our graduation celebrations with our dear church family.  We laughed, we cried, we set-up, we tore down and we will bring left-overs to church tomorrow for the coffee time.  What a beautiful celebration and what great glory was given to God by our Pastors, Ben and CB, our families, our church.  Our graduates are well prayed for and well prepared to be those arrows that are shot out into the world for the gospel.  And we parents, will be there for the whole ride.  Sweet, sweet time.

Yet I found myself wanting to go and get Peter.  Our Eliot was running around with all the other kids at the party today and telling them that Daddy and Mommy were going to get Peter and bring him home forever.  He is so excited to begin his life with Peter.  Eliot has NO idea what a special gift God is bringing to him.  A brother!  I can hardly believe it.  Emily and Megan too are looking forward to Peter coming home.  They love, laugh and care for Eliot so well, and because God's love flows through them, they will do the same to Peter.  I can't wait to see what Peter belly-laughs at when they are all around him.

I love to fly.  I feel somehow closer to God.  Thom and I will never have fancy vacation, or great monetary wealth, nothing measurable by the world's standards.  We have Jesus, the Pearl of great price.  We have a Gospel-centered marriage, by God's grace, we have daughters that love the Lord and the church, also by God's grace.  We have home schooled our girls from a Christian perspective K-12, by God's grace.  And here's where life revs up!  We get to do it all over again with our boys, Eliot and Peter.  I am so blown away over this life and these gifts.  Peter isn't even in my home and I already fiercely love him.  God gave him to us and my heart aches to bring him home.

This is my reality by no doing of my own.  God lifted a sinner, dead in her transgressions and sins, from hopeless poverty of soul and breathed life and hope into her.  He gave me a new name and a new life to live and everyday He shows me His great love and I get to do the same for my family.  Oh, I love the way that sounds, my family.  I was alone and He put me in a family.  He made me an Inglin and put me in Christ Community Church.  And for 21 years of family living, I have been able to show God's love and share my life with Thommy, Emily, Megan, Eliot and now Peter.  What a crazy wonderful way to spend my later years in life raising 2 sons made in the image of God! 

The plane won't be the only thing flying on July 15th. . . my heart will be soaring high.  We have set our sites for Hong Kong for the sole purpose to bring this child home and fulfill God's plan for him and put him in our family.  The race is set!  We are coming to the finish line of waiting for Peter.  Soon begins the race of Life with Peter.  Oh, I am so eager to see what good things God has in store for us in the days, weeks, months and years to come. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! What a gift God has given you and what a gift you are giving to your children - boys and girls, young and older.

    Love
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete